Orange prize shortlist pits Mantel against debut novelists
Last year's Man Booker winner, Wolf Hall, leads shortlist alongside two first-time authors
Two debut novelists will take on the seemingly unstoppable might of Hilary Mantel and Wolf Hall for this year's Orange prize for fiction, judges said today.
Tuesday, 20 April, 2010
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.