Hilary Mantel wins Walter Scott historical fiction prize for Wolf Hall
Booker and NBCC winner Hilary Mantel adds to her haul of accolades by taking inaugural Walter Scott award
The novelist Hilary Mantel added another literary award to her NBCC and Booker prizes when Wolf Hall won the inaugural Walter Scott prize for historical fiction last Saturday.
Monday, 21 June, 2010
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.