Forward poetry prize avoids Nobel laureate clash
Shortlist for this year's best poetry collection prize includes Seamus Heaney but overlooks Derek Walcott
An expected clash between Nobel laureates Seamus Heaney and Derek Walcott on the shortlist for this year's Forward prize for best poetry collection has been averted, after Walcott's latest collection failed to make the cut.
Tuesday, 20 July, 2010
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.