Jilly Cooper honoured for 'services to horseracing'
Eclipse Cup recognises author's contribution in her novels to promoting the 'terrific fun' to be had at the races
From the Cheltenham Gold Cup to the Grand National, horseracing trophies pepper the pages of Jilly Cooper's latest romp. Now, the bestselling author has been awarded a cup of her own for "services to the social side of racing".
Wednesday, 22 September, 2010
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.