Ricky Gervais to voice Mole in The Wind in the Willows adaptation
'I had Ricky in mind for this role from the inception of the project,' says director behind new take on Kenneth Grahame's classic
Ricky Gervais is to voice the character of Mole in a new live-action/animatronic version of The Wind in the Willows. Directed by Ray Griggs, whose previous credits include a superhero comedy called Super Capers and a documentary titled I Want Your Money (both unreleased in the UK), the latest adaptation of Kenneth Grahame's pastoral classic will be penned by Bill Marsilii, who wrote time-travelling crime-solving Denzel Washington vehicle Deja Vu.
Friday, 7 January, 2011
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.