Guillermo Del Toro won't be climbing the Mountains of Madness
Director's ambitious 3D adaptation of HP Lovecraft story fails to get green light due to potential R rating
He envisaged it as the dawn of a new era of big-budget horror moviesthat offer a classier take on the genre. But Guillermo Del Toro admitted yesterday that his dream project, a $150m 3D adaptation of HP Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness, may never see the light of day.
Wednesday, 9 March, 2011
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.