'African Booker' prize shortlist announced
The five finalists for this years £10,000 Caine prize have been revealed, providing a 'portrait of today's African short story'
From a comic tale about a Botswanan bachelor who "made a vocation of troubling married women" to the distressing story of a Ugandan girl forced to become a child soldier, the shortlist for this year's Caine prize provides "a portrait of today's African short story", according to chair of judges Hisham Matar.
Monday, 9 May, 2011
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.