Gruffalo creator Julia Donaldson is new children's laureate
Donaldson plans to promote music and drama and champion libraries during her tenure
Julia Donaldson, known to millions of unsleepy children and their drooping adult bedtime readers as the creator of the Gruffalo, he of the "terrible tusks, and terrible claws, and terrible teeth in his terrible jaws", has been appointed the new children's laureate.
Tuesday, 7 June, 2011
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.