Hugh Jackman on song for Tom Hooper's Les Misérables film
X-Men actor reportedly in talks for lead role in King's Speech director's take on long-running musical
Hugh Jackman is in talks to play the lead role in The King's Speech director Tom Hooper's forthcoming big-screen take on the hit stage musical Les Misérables, Variety reports (paywall).
Thursday, 16 June, 2011
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.