Occupy movement attracts support of top authors
Margaret Atwood, Salman Rushdie and Noam Chomsky among star names added to online petition at occupywriters.com
As anti-capitalism protests spread around the world, a growing group of almost 1,200 authors including Margaret Atwood, Salman Rushdie and Neil Gaiman has publicly announced its support for the Occupy movement.
Thursday, 20 October, 2011
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.