Arabic book award withheld over lack of suitable candidates
None of six shortlisted books deemed good enough to scoop Sheikh Zayed Book award's literature prize, worth £130,000
A £130,000 book award intended to celebrate the best literature in the Arab world has been withheld because all candidates failed to meet the prize's "stringent" requirements.
Tuesday, 6 March, 2012
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.