Douglas Adams's 60th birthday marked with liff, the universe and Pink Floyd
Don't forget your towel for birthday party at Hammersmith Apollo celebrating the author of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The late and much missed Douglas Adams threw some spectacular parties, triggering complaints about noise from sentient beings all over the Milky Way.
Tuesday, 6 March, 2012
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.