World Book Night: Stephen Fry joins million giveaway
Writer among 20,000 volunteers handing out a million free copies of chosen books as part of annual reading event
Fear not, if approached by a fervent-eyed reader brandishing a bundle of books in your general direction. It's World Book Night, and 1 million books are set to be given away in the UK by 20,000 book lovers to mark the occasion on Monday 23 April.
Monday, 23 April, 2012
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.