Fifty Shades of Grey banned from Florida libraries
Bestselling erotic novel removed from shelves in Brevard County as other US libraries make the most of title's popularity
It's the fastest selling book of the year in the UK but British author EL James's erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey is just too pornographic for residents of Brevard County, Florida, according to local librarians.
Wednesday, 9 May, 2012
- JK Rowling's first novel for adults draws on her struggles with poverty
- John Keats was an opium addict, claims a new biography of the poet
- Bilbo Baggins at 75
- Emma Thompson: By the Book
- ArtsBeat: Stephen King's 'Misery' Back From the Dead in Bucks County
- Pottermore goes back to school with new content
- Elmore Leonard to be honoured by National Book Foundation
- Stranger, young adult novel with gay hero, acquired by publisher
- Books of The Times: ‘This Is How You Lose Her,’ by Junot Díaz
- Neil Young quits drugs and alcohol
Register for an account and review books, comment on articles and build a list of your favourite reviews. Coming soon.